Monday, July 4, 2016

Mummy Problems


After the meeting, I checked my phone and saw a text from Ann. She informed me that she is back home.

I smiled. At least it was nothing serious. Since it was around 5 O'clock, I started packing and decided to go see Ann on my way home. At a quarter past 5pm, I left the office. The highway was too busy. The traffic started a few meters from the office. I took about thirty minutes to drive over to Mike and Ann's house where in the normal traffic free days, one would take 10 minutes. I found Ann sitted on the couch with her legs up. She was big! Her tummy was showing in the white short dress she was wearing. I gave her a hug and asked her how she was feeling. Even before she answered, Brad came running from the bedroom.

"Aunty, Aunty." He shouted.

"Yes Brad. How are you?" I asked moving him closer to my body.

"Good."

Brad was Ann and Mike son. He is two and a half years. He is the most handsome kid I have ever seen. He was taller now. He had taken both of the parents facial features.

"Mummy, can I watch Lily?" He asked.

"Yes dear. Seat here." Ann said while showing him a cushion on the floor. She then changed the TV channel and put on Cartoon Network. Brad smiled and started watching.

"So? What was the problem?" I asked.

"I woke up with some pain in my belly. It was similar to cramps. I took a glass of water then went back to bed. A few minutes later, I had the urge to go to the washroom only to discover that I was spotting." She started.

"Sorry."

"Now, the sad part was Mike saw my reaction and freaked out." She continued.

"No I did not." Mike said while coming out from the kitchen with three glasses of juice.

We laughed.

"Yes you did. You were so worried that something bad will happen. I on the other hand, I was too freaked out that I could not move." She said looking at Mike. "After a few awkward moments, we decided to go to the hospital and get checked out."

"So what did the doctor say?"

"He said it was normal for women to spot especialy if they are seven to thirteen weeks. He however cautioned me to avoid stressful condition and eat healthy food."


No comments:

Post a Comment